Photography tours in Manchester and Liverpool city centre with Aidan O’Rourke
My Photographic Walking Tour is now a well-established event that has been enjoyed by scores of people from north west England and beyond. Come on a leisurely walk around the city, benefit from a photography lesson ‘on the hoof’, learn about photography, get constructive feedback, meet new people. The cost of the three hour photo walk is £35. This includes your ‘goody bag’ with handouts and a copy of my ‘should-be-patented’ photography crib card.
Here’s what we will cover:
- We will go on a short walk through the city centre stopping at a few points
- The photo walk lasts three hours
- Get my concentrated lesson on aperture, shutter speed and ISO
- Learn how you need to use only a handful of controls on your camera
- Pester me with questions as much as you like (on photography!
- I dislike jargon and always try my utmost to explain things carefully.
- If you learn one new thing it will be worth it. Actually I can guarantee you will learn at least several new things.
- Get ‘over-the-shoulder’ feedback from your friendly and dedicated photography tutor
- Get tips on composition and what makes a good (and bad!) photo
- Pick up basic but useful tips on how to take better photos
- Take photos of architecture, statues, trees, flowers, anything, discover new photo opportunities, impress me!
- You will receive information sheets and my exposure crib card, which you should keep with you at all times!
- We will Look critically at so-called ‘pro’ photos on display in the street and learn from their mistakes!
- Meet nice people! The ones who come on the Photo Walking Tours are very nice!
If you’re more experienced, you can help someone less experienced and in doing so, reinforce your own knowledge of photography.
- Link up with me on Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus and I will highlight and write positive feedback on your best photos.
- The meeting point is at the front entrance to the station: Lime Street in Liverpool (top of the ramp, not near the taxis), Piccadilly in Manchester (top of the Approach, not near the taxis).
- Make sure you have my mobile number 07779 290082 on your phone. Please text me on the day or the day before to confirm your attendance. Also check my Twitter feed to confirm all is okay.
Many people have been on the walking tour and the feedback has been very positive:
Dilys Thompson @DilysBT
@AidanORourkeCP Thanks Aidan – really enjoyed it and promise to try and steer clear of my auto setting from now on!
Important practical points
- I usually run one walk a month in Manchester one in Liverpool. Dates on the aidan.co.uk home page
- Meet at Piccadilly or Lime St Station, front entrance – easy to find and get to.
- Tour starts at 2pm finishes around 5pm (some tours may have alternative times)
- Before setting off, text me!
- Bring any camera, whether a tiny, cheap compact, or a high end DSLR, or even no camera at all!
- This is an all-weather event! Come in suitable clothes wearing a good pair of shoes.
- A tripod is not usually necessary but bring one if you like, and especially if it is going to be dark by the end of the walk
- Wide angle lenses may be better for buildings but telephoto will be useful too!
- We will watch out for each other, but remember I am not responsible for your own safety.
- If you become separated from the group, please phone or text me. Make sure you have 07779 290082 on your phone
- I will try to keep to a max of 10 to 12 people though occasionally it might be more
- To book, choose a date from ‘Upcoming Events’ then email, text or phone me
Pay in advance or on the day
- Cost: £35 per person
- Special offers and discounts are available from time to time, please enquire.
Thanks for such a great walk. It made me look at the city with new eyes.
We both had an interesting and informative time.
Voucher holders please note: Your voucher will run out on a certain date. However, as long as you contact me by that date, redeem your voucher and make a booking, you can come on any walking tour. Just get in contact using the Contact Form. You can also e-mail me or phone or text 07779 290082