My Photographic Walking Tour is now a well-established event that has been enjoyed by scores of people from north west England and beyond. Come on a leisurely walk around the city, benefit from a photography lesson ‘on the hoof’, learn about photography, get constructive feedback, meet new people.
Here are the main points:
- We will go on a short walk through the city centre stopping at a few points.
- The photo walk lasts three hours and thirty minutes.
- Get my concentrated lesson on aperture, shutter speed and ISO.
- Learn how you need to use only a handful of controls on your camera.
- Pester me with questions as much as you like (on photography!)
- I hate jargon and always try my utmost to explain things carefully.
- If you learn one new thing it will be worth it. Actually I can guarantee you will learn at least several new things.
- Get ‘over-the-shoulder’ feedback from your friendly and dedicated photography tutor
- Get tips on composition and what makes a good (and bad!) photo
- Pick up basic but useful tips on how to take better photos
- Take photos of architecture, statues, trees, flowers, anything, discover new photo opportunities, impress me!
- You will receive information sheets and my exposure crib card, which you should keep with you at all times!
- We will Look critically at so-called ‘pro’ photos on display in the street and learn from their mistakes!
- Meet nice people! The ones who come on the Photo Walking Tours are very nice!
- If you’re more experienced, you can help someone less experienced and in doing so, reinforce your own knowledge of photography.
The meeting point will be at a convenient place the city centre (Manchester or Liverpool). Make sure you have my mobile number 07779 290082 on your phone. Please text me on the day or the day before to confirm where the meeting point is. Also check my Twitter feed to confirm all is okay.
A large number of people have been on the walking tour and the feedback has been very positive:
Dilys Thompson @DilysBT
@AidanORourkeCP Thanks Aidan – really enjoyed it and promise to try and steer clear of my auto setting from now on!
Voucher holders please note: Your voucher will run out on a certain date. However, as long as you contact me, redeem your voucher and make a booking, you can come on any walking tour. Just make sure to get in contact with me asap!