Stockport Infirmary overlooks Wellington Road South and was opened in 1834. It closed as a hospital in 1996 and a new building was constructed behind the facade which was renovated. As Millennium House, the building now houses offices of government department, The Pension Service.
This is an excellent and fitting use for a building which has many associations for local people.
Stckport old Infirmary now Millennium House at dusk
Fuji Finepix S3
Millennium House, Wellington Road South, Stockport, Metropolitan Borough of Stockport, Royal Infirmary, renovation, The Pension Service, construction in Greater Manchester, Greater Manchester construction, Greater Manchester property, Cheshire