Glasgow City Chambers overlooks
George Square in the centre of Glasgow. The building is home to Glasgow City Council and
was opened in 1888. Here it is under renovation and covered in scaffolding (capture date
8 May 2003). On top of the pillar in the centre of the square is Scotland's first
statue to Walter Scott, dating from 1838.
Find out more at the Glasgow City Council website www.glasgow.gov.uk.
A remarkable painting of George Square by moonlight from a similar viewpoint on the St Andrews University website
Glasgow City Chambers under renovation and George Square
Glasgow, Scotland, local government, Victorian architecture, streets, squares