This industrial building near Blackfriars
Street, Salford displays the words 'Greengate and Irwell 1950'. It must
have been one of the first industrial structures to be built after World
War 2. It was still in use right up to last year, 2004. The
site and surrounding land, just across the Irwell from Manchester city
centre, is to be extensively redeveloped. Is this building about
to disappear? Keep visiting Eyewitness in Manchester to find out.